two browser windows with only one input window

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

two browser windows with only one input window

Postby solarisx » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi

I write a program which shows two browser windows. One on a touch screen and one on a second screen. Both windows show nearly the same website. The browser on the touch screen gets the touch input from the user. The browser on the second screen should reflect this input. The use case is like one person controls the website, other persons watch it on the second screen.

My idea is to create one program which uses two CefWindow. Each has its own CefBrowserView. The question is how to map the touch input from one window/view to the other? I thought about overriding the CefBrowser.SendMouseMoveEvent; making a master and a slave CefBrowser.

But maybe there is a better solution. I would be glad if someone can give me a hint how to solve this problem.

Thanks and greets, solarisx
solarisx
Techie

Re: two browser windows with only one input window

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:23 pm

Are both displays connected to the same computer? If so, why not just configure the OS to mirror the displays? If not, you can use off-screen rendering to display the same browser display output on multiple devices.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: two browser windows with only one input window

Postby solarisx » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:19 am

Yes, both displays are on the same computer. Mirroring the displays does not work for me, because each browser window is embedded in a gui, which is different in size and position at both screens. Off-screen rendering may be a solutions, but both browsers should show slightly "different websites". Further I have to check if off-screen rendering is size and resolution independent.

I saw CefWindow has SendMouse... Events. I will try this out too.

Any thoughts on this or better solutions?

Some, maybe useful, additional information. The program is written in JavaFX. Embedding JCEF did not work, because of
incompatibility. New plan is to use native CEF dll.

Thanks magreenblatt and greets, solarisx
solarisx
Techie

Return to CEF Discussion