CEF Mutual SSL and Zero Footprint

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

CEF Mutual SSL and Zero Footprint

Postby StefanSmuts » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:20 am

Good day

I have to create a secure browser application that has two very important requirements:
1. The browser must be able to do Mutual SSL
2. The browser must have a Zero Footprint (i.e. no data to be stored on the local PC)

After searching for quite some time I came across the following:
1. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10822&p=19720&hilit=client+certificate#p19720 -> The intention to create a client side certificate selection window is discussed in this topic. Although this is not what I am looking for, it is a valid starting point. If I understand correctly when CEF needs to supply a client certificate, the first one in the store is taken. I need a way to present the certificate to CEF from within my own application, the certificate will be loaded by my applicaiton and must simply be presented to CEF to allow for Mutual SSL.

2. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12802 -> This link delves into the chromium, source to identify the way chrome does it. I currently neither have the time nor skill to attempt something like this, has functionality similar to this been implemented in CEF?

3. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12010 - >This link on the other hand has the exact solution I would require as presneting CEF with a PCKS#12 packet is an easy task for me. Does anyone know it this has been implemented as of yet?

4. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11352 -> This link implies that not all of the data used by cef is stored in memory. If this is still valid at this time, can someone perhaps tell me what type of data is stored on the local PC? If there is a way to restrict CEF to memory? S point in the right direction is highly appreciated.

A yes or no to my questions will suffice. If additional information can be provided like links to functions/other questions/blogs any thing, it is highly appreciated.

Regards
Stefan
StefanSmuts

Return to CEF Discussion