Application for html5 content

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

Application for html5 content

Postby anteloupe » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:36 pm

I am trying to understand what someone was saying when they said this:

"An application using the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) to display web hosted html5 content. Launch with no UI elements (chrome) deskin so the website is the only desktop element visible. Cannot navigate to other sites. Launch from and transact with Microsoft Word addin through a communication layer. Be compatible with Windows Vista+ and eventually OSX."

I don't really understand.
They also linked to this:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/ ... -framework

and said this:

"We need an application that is fully controlled and transacts with a MSWord plugin. We do not want a browser. just a window that display content from a specific web location that will be provided via the communications layer. The user should in no way be able to 'browse'"

"The address well be provided by the word plugin. Right now we use the windows integrated browser (biased on IE) via the Windows API. So our word plugin launches the internet window with a specific URL to communicate to the site, the user uses the site to find content, and the window returns text elements posted by the sight via an event handler. We are looking to do the same with a proprietary and more platform agnostic app instead of with the integrated Microsoft solution."

What does this mean? I don't understand very much of it.
anteloupe

Re: Application for html5 content

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:08 pm

It seems you're referring to https://www.freelancer.com/contest/Use- ... 81051.html. You should ask on that website if you need clarification on their requirements.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to CEF Discussion