Porting Blink using CEF

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

Porting Blink using CEF

Postby vinayr012 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:40 am

We have a browser based on webkit engine and we are planning to port BLINK engine to it.After going through few articles online i belive CEF would help me with that though i am not sure how it can be done since i am very new to all of this.My understanding in CEF is, it is for third party to application to display html content in their apps.Is CEF the way to port BLINK to webkit based browser or any othre way?What are things which i need to consider for using CEF.Anysort of help or direct me to any links which i can go through would be of great help
vinayr012

Re: Porting Blink using CEF

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 am

magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby vinayr012 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:13 am

If i use CEF to port blink, will i be able to do everything like before in my current browser application through calls to CEF instead of directly calling content API? or will there be some limitations?
vinayr012

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:01 am

You will need to make your own judgement. You can look at the CEF headers in the include directory to see the functionality that CEF exposes.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to CEF Discussion