Intercepting Mouse events.

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

Intercepting Mouse events.

Postby nvine » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:31 am

CEF provides CefKeyboardHandler where we can intercept OnKeyEvent. However, I couldn't find a corresponding handler for mouse events. Is there a way where we can intercept Mouse events. I need to know when a click has occurred.

Thanks.
nvine
Mentor

Re: Intercepting Mouse events.

Postby magreenblatt » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:31 am

Why do you need to intercept mouse clicks? Perhaps you can serve the same purpose using JavaScript and callbacks.

What operating system are you using? CEF doesn't provide an API for intercepting mouse clicks but your OS may.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby tuma » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:59 am

Using off-screen rendering wouldn't give more control here? In this case we can override all keyboard and mouse events from your browser application window and send filtered events to CEF browser. Am I right Mag?
- tumapathy
tuma
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:06 am

tuma wrote:Using off-screen rendering wouldn't give more control here? In this case we can override all keyboard and mouse events from your browser application window and send filtered events to CEF browser. Am I right Mag?

Correct, with off-screen rendering you have complete control over what mouse and keyboard events get sent to the browser.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby nvine » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:44 am

Sorry for delay in reply, I was interested in mouse activate message to determine Cef has received the focus, and what I need is provided by the focus handler.
Thanks.
nvine
Mentor

Return to CEF Discussion