Synchronized browsers

Think CEF could benefit from a new feature or capability? Discuss CEF feature requests here.

Synchronized browsers

Postby Marcin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:35 am

Is there any implementation for synchronized browser functionality using CEF, i.e. multiple browsers shows the same content and every user action (navigating, clicking, scrolling) performed on one of the browser is synchronised with the others ...
Marcin
Techie

Re: Synchronized browsers

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:30 pm

Marcin wrote:Is there any implementation for synchronized browser functionality using CEF, i.e. multiple browsers shows the same content and every user action (navigating, clicking, scrolling) performed on one of the browser is synchronised with the others ...

No, but you could implement something like that yourself using available APIs. For example, use off-screen rendering and send the same events to each browser.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Marcin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:58 am

thanks. Yep, current API allows a lot. OSR is out of question as I wanted it to work on remote location and sending bitmap buffer would be a traffic killer, plus I wanted concurrent use, any action on any browser is replicated in all. Websocket server solution that is not CEF dependent would be nice. OK, I'll investigate and maybe start with sth simple ....
Marcin
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:41 am

It might be possible using the DevTools remote debugging protocol which uses a WebSockets connection, but there would be latency.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Feature Request Forum