Programmatically stop the rendering process

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: Programmatically stop the rendering process

Postby ztcef » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:12 am

Thank you very much, bioncube. The reason I chose TerminateProcess is because I didn't want to rely on the IPC working right. The exit code was indeed the problem.
ztcef

Postby keshav » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:06 am

there cant be a infinite js loop, it hangs browsers, and web developers dont do that,
keshav
Mentor

Postby keshav » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:07 am

there cant be a infinite js loop, it hangs the browser, and web developers dont do that, but you can always suspend a process in its current state.
keshav
Mentor

Postby bioncube » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:20 am

keshav wrote:there cant be a infinite js loop, it hangs the browser, and web developers dont do that, but you can always suspend a process in its current state.

I am dealing with unpredictable website content. There could be anything. If not infinite loops, then perhaps very poorly written plugins that consume too much CPU.

Suspending a process is possible, but how would that help?
bioncube
Techie

Postby Yukigaru » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:40 am

JRub wrote:I managed killing the renderer process and then execute a new one by loading a request.
However, the first renderer (that will be killed) gets the browser id = 1, the second renderer (executed thanks to request loading) gets the browser id = -1.

How can you kill a render process from that id? It's not global process id, it's just internal identifier. You can't call TerminateProcess with that id.
Yukigaru

Previous

Return to Support Forum