Disable use of IE proxy settings by CEF1?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Disable use of IE proxy settings by CEF1?

Postby Czarek » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:20 am

Is it possible to disable that behavior of CEF through some setting? From this topic I read that this can be problematic:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2586

What if user set some proxy in IE that is now lagging or not working at all? He is using now Chrome or Firefox and forgot about this, but CEF will use that proxy setting, right?

When my app accesses only 127.0.0.1 there is even no need to use that proxy at all, so best would be to disable it.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Re: Disable use of IE proxy settings by CEF1?

Postby paulkatto » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:30 am

mh, there is something called "auto_detect_proxy_settings_enabled" but that should disabled by default.....
paulkatto
Mentor

Postby Czarek » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:42 am

Yes I've seen this setting too, but as you say it should be disabled and I assumed you didn't enable it as you would mention it.

I've been investigating and I see that a way to disable proxy is to implement: CefApp > GetProxyHandler() > CefProxyHandler > GetProxyForUrl() and call UseDirect() on CefProxyInfo, so that it doesn't use any proxy.

But there is an issue 600 and some guy states that GetProxyForUrl() is never called:
http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedd ... ail?id=600
I haven't tested it yet.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby codelover » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:47 pm

I already checked it, this Issue is the reason that the ProxyHandler is never called. And the Problem is that the issue remains in CEF3 :cry:

My problem is that i am not able to fix this Issue. The only thing i can offer is a donation.
codelover
Techie

Postby Czarek » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Author of Delphi Chromium Embedded states that Proxy works in CEF 3:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... dxI5S6-2yo

But I have no way to compile Deplhi project and test it, I don't see them providing any binaries.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby codelover » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:37 am

no, the issue isnt fixed there... .

The Delphi Developer says he has to wait until the issue get fixed in CEF :(
codelover
Techie

Postby paulkatto » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:08 am

FYI, I made a couple of tests, I have a machine with autodetect proxy settings enabled in IE, I can't load any web pages when auto_detect_proxy_settings_enabled = false (default). If I switch that to true, it works. true works as well when there is no proxy configured in the system. So setting it to true at all times works fine for me, from the comment in the code I see that this might slow down the lookup a little bit, but I can live with that I guess. All remaining cases are misconfigured systems at this point (enabled proxy when there is actually no proxy -> slow loading).

Cheers,

Paul
paulkatto
Mentor

Return to Support Forum