sandbox crash in cefsimple and cefclient

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

sandbox crash in cefsimple and cefclient

Postby sahar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:29 am

I'm trying to run CEF samples. I downloaded cef_binary_3.3202.1683.gb095524_windows64.tar.bz2 file and created a "Visual Studio 14 Win64" project using cmake, then opened it in Visual Studio and built it. Until this point everything was fine, but after launching one of the sample projects (cefsimple or cefclient) it generates this error, "The application was unable to start correctly (0x80000003). Click OK to close the application." and doesn't load chromium.
It works fine in `--no-sandbox` mode. (we need to work in sandbox mode.)

It's odd because when I tested the same binary (cefsimple.exe) on my colleague's computer (they all have Win10 x64), on four of them it's ok and on 2 of them it crashes and I can not find any difference between these computers.
The error comes from libcef.dll, so I tried to debug it using Windbg and I found that error happens in "interception_agent.cc" file in "PatchDll" method. To be precise in these lines of code:

Code: Select all
DCHECK_NT(!g_originals[function->id]);
g_originals[function->id] = &thunks->thunks[i];

it seems that there should not be any function id in g_originals but on these 2 computers, there is at least one entry at index 25 (where an interceptor for RegisterClassW would be registered). That causes the DCHECK_NT to trigger an error/interrupt.
it's also necessary to say that this problem is stable on these two computers and happens always.
sahar

Re: sandbox crash in cefsimple and cefclient

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:05 am

Does the problem reproduce with a Release build?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby sahar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:32 am

No, it happens only with debug build.
sahar

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:38 am

I suggest you disable the sandbox for Debug builds and enable it for Release builds to work around the issue.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum