[MAC] CEF Fatal Error on init due to CEF.framework location

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

[MAC] CEF Fatal Error on init due to CEF.framework location

Postby hkurra » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:38 am

I don't want to embed 'Chromium Embedded Framework.framework' in my application instead I want to use it from some other location so, I changed the 'Rpath' off my project to that location but as soon as I initialize CEF it throws an error
FATAL:bundle_locations.mm(62)] Check failed: new_bundle. Failed to load the bundle at /path/to/my/App/MyApp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Chromium Embedded Framework.framework
It is also reproducible in "cefsimple" test app if I make the following changes
    1)Remove CMake Post-build rules from build phase(as per my understanding it is just embedding the framework in-app)
    2)Change RPath to any location where Chromium Embedded Framework.framework is available on your machine

Do I need to pass some command line flag to load CEF.framework from the different location?
or currently, it is not possible?

CEF Version: 3.3163.1671.g700dc25
Chromium Verison: 61.0.3163.91
Date: September 30, 2017
hkurra
Techie

Re: [MAC] CEF Fatal Error on init due to CEF.framework locat

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:19 am

Here is an example of the necessary setup for having the framework outside of the bundle: https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... t-35461901
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby DanKegel » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:10 pm

FWIW, here's another example, for both mac and linux: https://github.com/dankegel/tinycef

I have not checked to see if it's as good as the suggestion linked above, but it does run.
DanKegel
Mentor

Postby hkurra » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:10 am

Thanks For your help and suggestions
I resolved it by setting the "framework_dir_path" before initialize,
I missed this basic setting where it is clearly mentioned that we need to set it if we want to load framework from location other than /app/contents/framework/

Again, thanks for your help and valuable time.
hkurra
Techie

Return to Support Forum