Mac CEF WebSocket connection loss detection very slow

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Mac CEF WebSocket connection loss detection very slow

Postby charlieq » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:47 pm

When I disconnect network on Mac OS X via settings > network, it takes long (more than 1 minute) for WebSocket in a CEF-based app to detect the connection loss. It's a big difference than Chrome. It takes much longer than CEF-based app on Windows.

Is it inherent issue of CEF on Mac?
charlieq
Techie

Re: Mac CEF WebSocket connection loss detection very slow

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:41 am

Are you saying that Google Chrome on macOS detects network loss faster than CEF on macOS? Are you using an official Release build of CEF? Are you testing with the same version of Chromium?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby charlieq » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:13 pm

magreenblatt wrote:Are you saying that Google Chrome on macOS detects network loss faster than CEF on macOS? Are you using an official Release build of CEF? Are you testing with the same version of Chromium?

I meant Chrome (latest version) on Mac detects connection loss faster than than CEF for Mac from branch 3071. I built CEF by myself with is_official_build flag set to true. I also have a CEF-based app on windows which uses CEF package from branch 2924. The windows one also detects connection loss much faster than the one runs on Mac OS X 10.12.
charlieq
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:43 am

Since you have CEF/Chromium built locally can you try to debug the problem?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum