drag and drop stops working with external-message-pump

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

drag and drop stops working with external-message-pump

Postby orhun » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi,

If I run 'cefclient.exe --external-message-pump --url=http://html5demos.com/drag', the drag and drop doesn't work as expected.

• The drag icon doesn't switch to enabled when you move the item to the drop rectangle area.
  • If you drop it there anyway, now the second drag always shows the 'enabled' drag icon anywhere.
  • Since it is enabled now you can actually drop the item in the drop rectangle box.

It looks like with external-message-pump enable/disable states are not updated correctly and out of sync with mouse events. It looks like it is working as expected with 'multi-threaded-message-loop'.

I am using 3.2924.1575.g97389a9, but I was able to replicate the problem with 3.3163.1671.g700dc25 as well.

Any pointers how I could workaround the issue for my version (3.2924.1575.g97389a9) is greatly appreciated. I can't switch to 'multi-threaded-message-loop'.

Thanks.
orhun

Re: drag and drop stops working with external-message-pump

Postby Czarek » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:14 am

I don't think external message pump is well tested on Windows, since multi threaded message loop gives best performance, thus it is recommended instead.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum