Minor SSL Issues

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Minor SSL Issues

Postby cretz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:53 pm

Couple of minor issues on 3112 (latest):

• I am unable to get https://pinning-test.badssl.com/ to fail, even when CefRequestContextSettings::enable_net_security_expiration is 1. Is there another setting I should check?
  • For https://mixed-favicon.badssl.com/, when I obtain the current nav entry's CefSSLStatus, GetContentStatus returns SSL_CONTENT_NORMAL_CONTENT on GetMainFrame()->LoadURL, but on Reload (or ReloadIgnoreCache) I properly get SSL_CONTENT_DISPLAYED_INSECURE_CONTENT...the network requests appear to be the same. Not sure if there is anything to do here, as Chrome doesn't show it as insecure.
  • Dev tools now has a "Security" section which provides an "Overview" of the current page's connection including the negotiated cipher which is important to me. This overview section doesn't work w/ CEF. Is there an issue to address or can I create one?
  • In the dev tools's "Security" section for individual sites, it does work properly showing cert info. However, there is a "Open full certificate details" which, via the frontend calls the backend. This is OS specific, and I even kinda copied Chrome here and implemented it for my other use on Windows here. Would CEF consider supporting this button or at least a callback?
cretz
Techie

Re: Minor SSL Issues

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:39 am

Are any of these regressions from older CEF versions? If not, please file enhancement requests and PRs welcome.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Minor SSL Issues

Postby cretz » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:31 pm

They are not regressions. Let me test with 3163, then I'll open issues. Thanks.
cretz
Techie

Return to Support Forum