When I Called "CefMsgLoop", Breakpoint hit during shutdown

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: When I Called "CefMsgLoop", Breakpoint hit during shutdo

Postby mung » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:05 am

Thank you for your reply.

I saw the page.
CEF has to using multiple processes for better speed.

According to this website, https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... efsettings,

There is an option called 'single-process' which allows me to use a single process for the browser and renderer processes.
So I am little bit confused when you said the mode is not supported.
Did you say that because it does not work as I expected or the function will not be supported in the future.

:)
mung
Mentor

Postby fddima » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:40 am

mung wrote:

According to this website, https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... efsettings,

There is an option called 'single-process' which allows me to use a single process for the browser and renderer processes.
Did you say that because it does not work as I expected or the function will not be supported in the future.

Same option exist in chrome. But, there is unsupported chromium's mode, it is exists mainly for simplify some debugging scenarios, and this option really makes browser unstable. Related bugs to this option will not be fixed in first place (chromium), because it is unsupported mode. :)

Probably it will be better if CEF state bit more explicit about this option in wiki and in headers.
fddima
Master

Postby mung » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:53 am

fddima wrote:
mung wrote:

Same option exist in chrome. But, there is unsupported chromium's mode, it is exists mainly for simplify some debugging scenarios, and this option really makes browser unstable. Related bugs to this option will not be fixed in first place (chromium), because it is unsupported mode. :)

Probably it will be better if CEF state bit more explicit about this option in wiki and in headers.

Do you mean that I have to use multi process?

And would Chromium's not to be unsupported 'single-process' ?
mung
Mentor

Postby fddima » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:04 am

mung wrote:Do you mean that I have to use multi process?
And would Chromium's not to be unsupported 'single-process' ?

Everyone with chromium-based projects should go with multiple process model. Also, every time you run chromium - you use multiple process model.

I'm doesn't understand clearly last question. I'm will try reword previous phrases: single process mode exists only for debugging Chromium/CEF internals in some situations. So, it is not intended to be used out of this scope.
fddima
Master

Postby mung » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:52 pm

fddima wrote:Everyone with chromium-based projects should go with multiple process model. Also, every time you run chromium - you use multiple process model.

I'm doesn't understand clearly last question. I'm will try reword previous phrases: single process mode exists only for debugging Chromium/CEF internals in some situations. So, it is not intended to be used out of this scope.

Sorry, I'm not good at Eng. :(

I understanded What did you mean. :)

So, If I use Chormium, must use Chromium with multiprocess. right ?
Lastestly,
Is there any other way?
For using single-process with Chromium.
mung
Mentor

Postby fddima » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:19 pm

mung wrote:Lastestly,
Is there any other way?
For using single-process with Chromium.

Surely, you still can just enable single process mode. But in that case you should rely only to self to resolve any issues. In practice, this really means that you can't.

Nowadays many apps already use multiple processes, so i suggest dont care about. If it is exist reasons when you need do work in-proc - only a way to looking at alternatives, but it is also depends on what program should do. For example if you want use web engine only for local UI - Sciter will outperform any existing web engines (html+css3+script similar to js+unique powers like behaviors driven by css = power unachievable with standards based web engines). If you need consume foreign web content - of course you need standards based web engine and you stick with multiple processes. Gecko probably can be used in single process, but its resource consumption are higher or equal to blink with multi-proc.

So, finally: just use multi-process mode (i.e. single_process = false).
fddima
Master

Postby mung » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:11 pm

fddima wrote:Surely, you still can just enable single process mode. But in that case you should rely only to self to resolve any issues. In practice, this really means that you can't.

Nowadays many apps already use multiple processes, so i suggest dont care about. If it is exist reasons when you need do work in-proc - only a way to looking at alternatives, but it is also depends on what program should do. For example if you want use web engine only for local UI - Sciter will outperform any existing web engines (html+css3+script similar to js+unique powers like behaviors driven by css = power unachievable with standards based web engines). If you need consume foreign web content - of course you need standards based web engine and you stick with multiple processes. Gecko probably can be used in single process, but its resource consumption are higher or equal to blink with multi-proc.

So, finally: just use multi-process mode (i.e. single_process = false).

Thank you so much for kindly reply.

Your reply was many helpful to me. :)

Thank you. :)
mung
Mentor

Previous

Return to Support Forum