Dropping image in contentEditable region replaces document

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Dropping image in contentEditable region replaces document

Postby emerick » Mon May 15, 2017 4:29 pm

When I drag an image over a contentEditable region, I get an insertion caret as expected. However, dropping the image completely replaces the current document. I was hoping instead for some type of notification that would allow me to insert the image into the document at the drop location.
emerick
Expert

Re: Dropping image in contentEditable region replaces docume

Postby magreenblatt » Tue May 16, 2017 8:14 am

This sounds like something that lives completely inside Chromium/Blink. How does it behave in Google Chrome? Did you try searching the internet for a solution?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Dropping image in contentEditable region replaces docume

Postby emerick » Tue May 16, 2017 10:45 am

It behaves the same way in Chrome. It sounds like I can work around at least some of this behavior via JavaScript and HTML5 drag and drop support (ala https://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/dnd/basics/), although I'm not yet certain that will provide exactly what I want. Google searches haven't turned up anything definitive yet, unfortunately. Does HTML5 and JavaScript seem like the most reasonable approach? Not sure if I'm missing any other possibilities.
emerick
Expert

Return to Support Forum