Using CEF to run JavaScript/Angular/HTML UI with C# backend

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Using CEF to run JavaScript/Angular/HTML UI with C# backend

Postby codelfitsleep » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:30 am

Hello,

I have gotten CEF to load in my WPF project and the Chromium browser to display. I have a desktop game I am working on that I would like to merge together. I have been working on the UI in Angular/HTML with already having a large part of the backend code written in C#, so it would not be feasible to redo it in javascript.

Are there any tutorials I can look at for integrating these together or can someone explain how I would do this(in detail)? Basically on each page the background work/DB actions should be done in C# while I want the front end to utilize the CEF browser and its ability to use javascript and HTML for ease of design. I was utilizing Electron Edge for this but CEF seems like it would be a lot easier to use to get these working together.

Also I seem to be coming in at a confusing time because most of the examples I amm looking at using are not apparently valid anymore?

I can't get CEF.Initialize() to work, cef.settings has been replaced by cefSettings and no longer has any properties associated with it apprently to set....really confusing when you look at examples and none of what they are using is valid anymore.

Basically all I want is for the window to open up at run time and use that as the driver of the game with the backend code flowing into it when needed but mostly controlld by the UI/Javascript on the front end
codelfitsleep

Return to Support Forum