CEF3 support for NaCl

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF3 support for NaCl

Postby jholt » Tue May 13, 2014 11:37 pm

I haven't seen it explicitly stated anywhere, but I gather that CEF3 doesn't yet have NaCl support, based on:

* this feature request
* the lack of a Native Client plug-in showing up in cefclient
* the absence of any nacl dependencies/components in the src/cef *.gyp files
* posts like this one

Has anyone had success with NaCl/PNaCl apps running on CEF3 using the Chromium/Chrome NaCl plugins?

FWIW, I was able to "install" the plugin by building the 3.1916.1701 compatible 35.0.1916.86 branch of chrome, and copying over the dll to my cefclient directory, and using:
Code: Select all
--enable-nacl --ppapi-out-of-process --register-pepper-plugins="(mypath)\Libraries\cef\source\cef_binary_3.1916.1701_windows32\Release\ppGoogleNaClPluginChrome.dll;application/x-nacl" --url=http://trypepperjs.appspot.com/examples.html

However, it doesn't appear to be allowing the PNaCl demos to execute, and only the Name and Path are shown - the Description and Version fields are blank. I'll try a sample from the NaCl SDK, but it feels like a longshot.
jholt
Techie

Re: CEF3 support for NaCl

Postby jholt » Wed May 14, 2014 10:23 am

To follow-up, the NaCl SDK sample does not work in cefclient (moduleDidLoad never fires), although it works from a locally built Chrome 35, so it appears there is more to enabling NaCl in CEF than just specifying the plugin.

jholt
Techie

Return to Support Forum