Sign application with CEF on Mac OS X 10.9

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Sign application with CEF on Mac OS X 10.9

Postby mindpall » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:54 pm

HI all,

It may be known that Apple did changed they application code-signing mechanism in 10.9. So now it gives me a problem that I cannot sign application because of Chromium Embedded Framework.framework. As codesign gives me "bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable" on it and as of now I have no idea how to work around it. it may really be more question to Apple here but it is also a CEF related. So if anyone can help me on this it will be much appreciated. Thanks.
mindpall

Re: Sign application with CEF on Mac OS X 10.9

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:11 pm

You can sign the application without the framework directory in the app bundle, then put the framework directory back into the bundle after the signing.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby mindpall » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:35 am

magreenblatt wrote:You can sign the application without the framework directory in the app bundle, then put the framework directory back into the bundle after the signing.

I have though about it but doubted that it will actually work that way. I did not tried this out but I think that it will be noticed. Instead I've found a different solution. I just copied Info.plist from Google Chrome's similar framework folder into into Chromium Embedded Framework.framework/Resources and it signed it fine afterwards. Which leads me think to that just any Info.plist there will satisfy.
Thanks anyway.
mindpall

Postby magreenblatt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:52 pm

OK, thanks for testing that. Info.plist has already been added in trunk.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum