Solution to restore binary JCEF distributions

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Re: Solution to restore binary JCEF distributions

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:24 pm

guus wrote:Ah, that's non-Java CEF. :)

Right, sorry if I scared you ;)
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby guus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Yeah, you got me worried there for a second :)

I've just created a PR that adds a couple of the missing DLLs. widevinecdmadapter.dll is one that was not generated by the build I think, so I left that out. There might be more files needed, but to be honest, I'm blindly copy/pasting stuff here, without knowing what the importance of these files are. If more changes are needed, it's probably best if you'd have a look yourself.

As for the Windows builds: If you're happy with them, we should move them to something that's under your control (instead of mine). If you could create an AppVeyor account, then I'll create a PR that includes the AppVeyor build file. We can then integrate the BitBucket repo with your AppVeyor account. What do you think?
guus
Techie

Postby guus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Ah - I neglected to use branches, which is why my DLL-PR now also includes the appveyor config. If that's a problem, let me know please.
guus
Techie

Postby guus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Side-note: other contributors of the OSS project for which I'm doing this (an IM client) have already successfully build a prototype webRTC addon for our software with this. We're pretty happy to see this move forward so fast!
guus
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:07 pm

guus wrote:As for the Windows builds: If you're happy with them, we should move them to something that's under your control (instead of mine). If you could create an AppVeyor account, then I'll create a PR that includes the AppVeyor build file. We can then integrate the BitBucket repo with your AppVeyor account. What do you think?

Sounds good. I've created an account named "chromiumembedded". What next?

guus wrote:Side-note: other contributors of the OSS project for which I'm doing this (an IM client) have already successfully build a prototype webRTC addon for our software with this. We're pretty happy to see this move forward so fast!

I'm glad it's working well for you :)
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby guus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:32 pm

In AppVeyor, open your Account Settings and link it to BitBucket. Then, select the 'Projects' tab and press "new project". It should list your the JCEF project on BitBucket. Enable that - done.
guus
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:20 pm

I don't like the permissions that it requests from Bitbucket so I used the Git URL clone option instead. Here's the pending build: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/chromiu ... d/java-cef. Any idea what I did wrong?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 pm

magreenblatt wrote:I don't like the permissions that it requests from Bitbucket so I used the Git URL clone option instead. Here's the pending build: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/chromiu ... d/java-cef. Any idea what I did wrong?

I guess it's being confused by the "src" directory. I've tried specifying "src\appveyor.yml" and "C:\projects\java-cef\src\appveyor.yml" as the "Custom configuration .yml file name" value but no luck.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby guus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:34 pm

I think you're cloning in c:\projects\java-cef\ while the script expects the clone to be in c:\projects\java-cef\src
guus
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:49 pm

guus wrote:I think you're cloning in c:\projects\java-cef\ while the script expects the clone to be in c:\projects\java-cef\src

How do you handle the "src" directory in your AppVeyor settings?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to JCEF Forum