Using multiple proxies across different browser instances

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Using multiple proxies across different browser instances

Postby Iwan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi, I'm currently creating multiple browser instances and passing a proxy to them using the --proxy-server command line flag and passing that into CefApp.getInstance. However the CefApp is static so that is only one of them meaning that 1st proxy passed in is the proxy that will be used for the all browser instances. In jcefs current form is it possible to use multiple proxies?
Iwan

Re: Using multiple proxies across different browser instance

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:53 pm

You can change it from C++ code. See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14560
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Iwan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:04 pm

magreenblatt wrote:You can change it from C++ code. See https://www.magpcss.org/ceforum/viewtop ... =6&t=14560

Thanks for the reply but I believe this doesn't suit the question. I'm asking if it is possible for multiple browser instances operating at the same time to use different proxies. Thanks
Iwan

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:03 am

Give each browser a separate CefRequestContext and configure as described in the above thread.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Iwan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm

magreenblatt wrote:Give each browser a separate CefRequestContext and configure as described in the above thread.

Apologies to keep on inquiring further, but I'm not understanding this fully, do I have to go into the cef ++ provided in the bitbucket, edit code then compile and then after in my java application assign the CefRequestContext. Thanks.
Iwan

Return to JCEF Forum