_blank target links not working

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

_blank target links not working

Postby clapas » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:34 am

Hi there,

I successfully integrated JCEF into my Java application and am able to load any webpage into the CEF frame.

_self targeted links work fine, however, when I click on a _blank targeted link or call window.open() to open a new window nothing happens.

I have attached a LifeSpanHandler to my CefClient but the methods, e.g. onBeforePopup(), are never called.

What am I missing?

Cheers,

Claudio
clapas
Techie

Re: _blank target links not working

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:27 am

What OS and CEF version?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby clapas » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:13 am

Thank you @magreenblatt

I did it!

I set a callback in Javascript to trigger my Java methods on the onclick event with a message router. It is a nice workoround.

Thank you for your answer @magreenblatt. I have asked several times here and, most of the time you or other members have been very helpful. However, I have one concern:

* by asking me about my OS and CEF versions are you meaning that what I do is correct, but may not work due to the versions used?

If so, it would be more helpfull to explicitly say so. You may argue that I waste your time not telling you these details, but I may argue the same for having to write all the details only to know whether my approach is intrinsically wrong or not (mainly because I will avoid changing my current version if possible). I will assume is not, but working on certainties is always more confortable than to do it on assumptions.

Thank you for your hard work.

Cheers,
clapas
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:12 pm

may not work due to the versions used?

Correct. There may be bugs in older versions that have already been fixed, or bugs in newer versions that have not yet been reported. We can't take this into consideration without knowing what versions you're using.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to JCEF Forum