WPFOsr HTML <select>

Having problems with building or using the CefGlue .NET/Mono binding? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: fddima

WPFOsr HTML <select>

Postby AMakarov » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:12 am

hello! I try embed OSR CefGlue in app. If on page exist html tag <select> mouse pointer cannot select items from options list.
https://yadi.sk/i/N0HbK_LH3KwB2w
AMakarov
Techie

Re: WPFOsr HTML <select>

Postby fddima » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:22 am

hello.

Which CEF version are you use?

Also WpfOsr sample is limited. So it is possible that something is not implemented (but no have idea what is exactly). WpfOsr sample is exist for demonstrating OSR capabilities, but not ready-to-use control. If you familiar with CEF this is should not a problem for you, as you can check CEF's reference implementation in cefclient.

I suggest use WindowsFormsHost in WPF instead of OSR.

Alternatvely consider use CefSharp if you need more complete WPF control.

In thread below "Should i use WPF or WinForms/WindowsFormsHost in WPF app?" we discuss about OSR vs WinFormsHost in WPF, check it.
fddima
Master

Postby AMakarov » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:47 am

I use CEF 3.3071.1646. We need OSR in WPF app with normal ZIndex.
In last release CEFSharp based on CEF with bug on PDF and we plan use CEFGlue as alternate
AMakarov
Techie

Postby fddima » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:57 am

AMakarov wrote:I use CEF 3.3071.1646. We need OSR in WPF app with normal ZIndex.
In last release CEFSharp based on CEF with bug on PDF and we plan use CEFGlue as alternate

Clear. But... PDF bugs are tied to CEF only, any bindings should work correctly once them fixed (and CEF has some fixes around, not sure which exactly you mean).

If you want try CefGlue OSR/WPF: i go to google doodles and pick language selector. Drop down appears at correct place without mouse issues. Looks like you has non-standard DPI?
In that case there is possible that sample code miss correct high-dpi support and coordinate translation. Both should be easy to fix.

Patches are welcome.
fddima
Master

Postby AMakarov » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:30 am

With more subtle analysis, I found that the mouse is working properly and the selection is happening, just the drawing the drop-down list is offset relative to its correct location (under the element). Now I'll try to check the correctness of the pop-up window. In my case, the drop-down list is attached to the desired point not by the upper left corner but by the upper right corner. And this happens only in the application start window. In newly created windows there is no such defect.
DPIstandard, the monitor 22 fullHD.

About PDF bug https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/issues/2078/osr-pdf-scrolling-with-mousewheel-keyboard#comment-36593077
AMakarov
Techie

Postby AMakarov » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:38 am

fddima wrote:
AMakarov wrote:I use CEF 3.3071.1646. We need OSR in WPF app with normal ZIndex.

Clear. But... PDF bugs are tied to CEF only, any bindings should work correctly once them fixed (and CEF has some fixes around, not sure which exactly you mean).

If you want try CefGlue OSR/WPF: i go to google doodles and pick language selector. Drop down appears at correct place without mouse issues. Looks like you has non-standard DPI?
In that case there is possible that sample code miss correct high-dpi support and coordinate translation. Both should be easy to fix.

Patches are welcome.

You go to google doodles page in first ( start ) App window or in "New Window"
AMakarov
Techie

Postby fddima » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:00 pm

I think i just used appeared google search to reach doodles. but not sure how i can reach "New Window".
fddima
Master

Postby AMakarov » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:40 am

fddima wrote:

I think i just used appeared google search to reach doodles. but not sure how i can reach "New Window".

If you open a link from the search results, the page opens in a new window. Please, try entering URL https://www.google.com/doodles in address bar after start sample app and test lang. selector.

video https://yadi.sk/i/lLcJVB3_3L2sgH
AMakarov
Techie

Postby fddima » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:49 am

AMakarov wrote:
fddima wrote:

If you open a link from the search results, the page opens in a new window. Please, try entering URL https://www.google.com/doodles in address bar after start sample app and test lang. selector.

video https://yadi.sk/i/lLcJVB3_3L2sgH

It is opens for me in same window. And work correctly in both cases. One difference from video, that when popup with language list appears - i'm has no extra line-spacing as at your's video. So... looks like we run over bit different googles. :)

In your's case when new window appears - it is uses windowed browser, so... it is works again. I'm know about this issue, and tested over main window within OSR browser.
fddima
Master

Postby AMakarov » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:07 am

Now it is worth to understand the difference between our tests :)
AMakarov
Techie

Next

Return to CefGlue Forum