Apparent CSS problem when rendering with CefGlue

Having problems with building or using the CefGlue .NET/Mono binding? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: fddima

Apparent CSS problem when rendering with CefGlue

Postby zharramadar » Thu May 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I am implementing Xilium.CefGlue into a Windows Forms windows called inside Unity3D using Mono. So far so good, I can initialize the browser, navigate, play around, no problem at all.
Certain websites, although, fails on rendering the text correctly (the fonts get WAY too small, enough to be unreadable). Google looks fine, YouTube looks fine, Facebook looks fine, but sites like the League Of Legends website or Heavy Metal Machines website ( http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en and http://www.heavymetalmachines.com/site/?lang=en-US ) displays the error.

I tried running it in cefclient.exe that comes with the CEF build, and there all works fine, which makes me think something is wrong in CefGlue. All the demo apps in CefGlue exibit the problem.
I used the latest Xilium.CefGlue repository download, and used cef_binary_3.2987.1601.gf035232_windows32_client package from the Cef Automated build.

Anyone knows how to solve this particular problem? I .... think .... the problem is that both websites are not using default fonts, which leads to the question of how making this work in CefGlue.
Thanks!
zharramadar

Re: Apparent CSS problem when rendering with CefGlue

Postby Czarek » Thu May 25, 2017 1:10 pm

Compare manifests for cefclient executable and cefglue executable.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby fddima » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:05 pm

Czarek wrote:Compare manifests for cefclient executable and cefglue executable.

CefGlue has correct manifests all ages.
fddima
Master

Postby fddima » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:14 pm

There is still good suggestion about manifest: if im remember correctly CefGlue demo enables HighDPI support, which should work same as in cefclient. And it has work when i'm check it.

As side note, running from mono/unity may lead to unexpected results, because they have own manifest. Somewhere on bitbucket was project which uses windowless out-of-process browser hosting to deal with unity.
fddima
Master

Return to CefGlue Forum