Transparency not working

Having problems with building or using the CefGlue .NET/Mono binding? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: fddima

Transparency not working

Postby teremy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:06 pm

Hello.
is it possible to have a transparent website? So that elements appear directly on screen without any background color?
In the demo project ( xilium-xilium.cefglue-1a578968669c ) the transparency samples don't work.
In the winforms demo I clicked on "Samples" and "Transparent Popup Window". It opens a window, but it's not transparent ( white background ). When I do the same on the gtk# demo the program crashes.

I saw there is an option for transparency: windowInfo.TransparentPaintingEnabled
But this doesn't seem to work? I also wonder how it will work, I mean the gui toolkit itself has to somehow care for transparency, right?
teremy
Techie

Re: Transparency not working

Postby fddima » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:11 am

Demo's transparency demo is broken, don't rely on it.

CEF transparency demo is working (cefclient.exe --off-screen-rendering-enabled --transparent-painting-enabled --url=http://tests/transparency) but it doesn't make hosting window truly transparent, so it is still appears in window, and this is still windowless rendering.

I'm heard that transparent painting should work in windowed rendering, but there is no demo, and actual working state can depend from CEF/Chromium major version, so it will be great to know any feedback from peoples who really uses this kind of transparency. This mode previously had been bit hard to setup because hosting window should be carefully prepared: DWM-based windows going in one way (and doing all work at self), while non-DWM based (Vista/7 Home - any windows without Aero) - need going with "standard" way based on layered windows and copying bits itself (browser's transparency != window's opaqueness).

So i will grad to hear about actual status too.
fddima
Master

Return to CefGlue Forum