CEFGlue mono Mac

Having problems with building or using the CefGlue .NET/Mono binding? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: fddima

CEFGlue mono Mac

Postby njdemichelis » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi,
Is there any way to make CEF work in a MAC with mono?
I always get libcef not found.
I know CEF for mac does not include libcef anymre.

Can somebody provide an example?

Thanks
njdemichelis

Re: CEFGlue mono Mac

Postby fddima » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:38 am

fddima
Master

Postby njdemichelis » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:08 pm

Thanks but I want to use GTK# so my application can be easily be ported to Linux and Windows.
njdemichelis

Postby fddima » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:19 pm

njdemichelis wrote:Thanks but I want to use GTK# so my application can be easily be ported to Linux and Windows.

GTK# is foreign on Mac. Main problem/issue is implement GTK# browser control, which will host NSView* for content. Something similar i'm do for windows, when host HWND in GTK# control.

PS: Current GTK# sample broken on linux, because it is assumes wrong cef_window_handle_t type.
fddima
Master

Postby njdemichelis » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:49 pm

fddima wrote:
njdemichelis wrote:Thanks but I want to use GTK# so my application can be easily be ported to Linux and Windows.

GTK# is foreign on Mac. Main problem/issue is implement GTK# browser control, which will host NSView* for content. Something similar i'm do for windows, when host HWND in GTK# control.

PS: Current GTK# sample broken on linux, because it is assumes wrong cef_window_handle_t type.

Thanks for the prompt answer.
I guess there is no alternative Web Browser control for GTK#.
I am going to have to look into porting my application to another language (java maybe).
njdemichelis

Postby fddima » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:12 pm

njdemichelis wrote:Thanks for the prompt answer.
I guess there is no alternative Web Browser control for GTK#.
I am going to have to look into porting my application to another language (java maybe).

This is should not be too hard to implement this kind control, but requires some kind of meditation and bit of GTK# hacking. I'm did not use mac personally, so can't help with it. MonoMac is the best solution, because it is allow implement CrAppControlProtocol (see cef_application_mac.h for more complete details) almost naturally, although nothing should prevent use this together with GTK# (but depends how GTK# integrated with mac, so also needs to be checked).

I'm did not know how much complex native UI you expect, so if you did feel that you not able to solve this issues, or invest maximum week into this, then i'm agreed, that better to choose something what already works. If you will have minimal UI, then native solution will work better than any other. But be careful: most of embedded webkits very far from CEF, from quality perspective.

PS: As drawback to Java, that on Linux (Ubuntu) font rendering are broken out of box, and this is impossible to fix via font-config without patching Java.
fddima
Master

Return to CefGlue Forum