memory increase in the renderer process.. for window.open

Having problems with building or using the CefGlue .NET/Mono binding? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: fddima

memory increase in the renderer process.. for window.open

Postby lneir » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Hello, I am noticing a memory increase in the renderer process...I am running the Xilium cefglue winforms demo app (v3.2171.1949) using the html/js below.

After clicking open a number of times and closing all opened windows I see in windows task manager that memory (private working set) for the renderer process never goes down and continually creeps up. In one test case, I managed to get it up to 250 Mbytes. This happens in both debug and release builds. Note: I am doing testing on win8.1 machine.

I used .net memory profiler and don't see any managed memory issues but it does report unmanaged memory increase between snapshots but I haven't dug into unmanaged side yet.

To add some strangeness to problem... If in file CefGlue.Demo\Common\DemoCefApp.cs I remove override of method 'GetRenderProcessHandler and re-run then memory does not increase indefinitely.

Any ideas? Thanks.

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<button id="openWin">open</button>
<script>
var openEl = document.getElementById('openWin');
if (openEl) {
openEl.addEventListener('click', function() {
window.open('http://www.google.com');
});
}
</script>
</body>
</html>
lneir

Re: memory increase in the renderer process.. for window.ope

Postby lneir » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:44 am

help anyone?
lneir

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:08 pm

I don't know about the .net bindings, but your comments seem to suggest that a better understanding of what RenderProcessHandler is doing might shed light on the issue.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby dverma05 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:57 am

Any update on this issue. As I am facing the same problem and whenever any popup windows gets created using window.open() it increases the memory usage by around 5-10 MB in size and after closing it doesn't return back to its original size.
I am using cef_binary_3.2454.1328 on windows7.

At the same time i googled and found some defect already logged with chromimum similar to this.
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=437826

Please let me know if any workaround to this problem.

Thanks,
Dileep
dverma05
Techie

Return to CefGlue Forum