Windowless browser problems

Having problems with building or using the CefGlue .NET/Mono binding? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: fddima

Windowless browser problems

Postby gouldda » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:41 am

Hi, I had successfully got a windowless browser working based on this post -

http://joelverhagen.com/blog/2013/12/he ... h-cefglue/

but now I've updated to the latest CEF/CefGlue it no longer works. I get a "Failed to create browser" exception from CreateBrowser. I've modified the demo app provided from the above page to demonstrate this problem. The only changes I've made are:

updated CefGlue and Cef in the Dependencies folder to the latest versions.

replaced call to SetAsOffScreen with SetAsWindowless, passing false as the transparent parameter.

Can you give me any clues as to why this wouldn't be working any more? I tried to upload the demo app but it was too large, but if you make the above 2 modifications to the demo app you should be able to reproduce the problem. Here's the link to the demo app from the above page - http://joelverhagen.com/attachments/blo ... efGlue.zip

Thanks in advance,

Dan
gouldda

Re: Windowless browser problems

Postby Tossler » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:20 am

Hi,

I have also encountered this problem. I think that may be a problem in libcef itself:

[DllImport(libcef.DllName, EntryPoint = "cef_browser_host_create_browser", CallingConvention = libcef.CEF_CALL)]
public static extern int create_browser(cef_window_info_t* windowInfo, cef_client_t* client, cef_string_t* url, cef_browser_settings_t* settings, cef_request_context_t* request_context);

execution of that method returns 0 (fail) if windowInfo has TransparentPaintingEnabled and WindowlessRenderingEnabled set to true.

If anyone know if that is possible to do in this version please help :)

Thanks,
Rafal
Tossler

Re: Windowless browser problems

Postby gouldda » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:58 am

UPDATE: By stepping back through the versions supported by CEFGlue I've found that the last one where windowless browser support worked was 1750.1704. I found this by stepping back through the commits that added support for new versions of CEF and then downloading the matching CEF3 build. So I had updated CEFGlue to this commit when it started working: dca991a Updated to CEF 3.1750.1704 (Chromium 33.0.1750.170). Hope this helps figure out what's going on, and helps anyone else having this problem get something going,

Dan
gouldda

Return to CefGlue Forum