Browser has stopped working message

Having problems with building or using the CefGlue .NET/Mono binding? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: fddima

Browser has stopped working message

Postby mistymorning » Tue May 06, 2014 1:13 pm

I have a wrapper around CEF3 to make a user-control for a web-browser and have nearly everything working apart from extensions but now and then windows pops up the message

"WebBrowser has stopped working"

But this only happens on one machine that I use for testing and not on a win7 machine and happens every time on http://www.bing.com after pressing the search button but i did find out that turning javascript off prevents this error happening.

I added code to trap script errors by sub-classing CefApp and overriding OnUncaughtException and this works fine for general scripts errors but does not get called for the bing.com error
The error still happens with SingleProcess true or false, MultiThreadedMessageLoop true or false and every other option I can think off apart from turning Javascript off via commandline settings.

it might not be a javascript related isue and more to do with something the script loads but I need to nail it down
Building a web-browser that does not call home
mistymorning
Techie

Re: Browser has stopped working message

Postby mistymorning » Wed May 07, 2014 8:14 am

Well silly me I think I worked this one out myself and it was due to my code using frame.LoadString("<html><head>... ,Url);

I was blocking add-server/spyware frames and sending a custom message to the browser by writing to the frame and my mistake was to use the Request.Url in the call and swaping the Url to "about:blank" seems to have stopped my code blowing up the browser.

Fingers crossed
Building a web-browser that does not call home
mistymorning
Techie

Return to CefGlue Forum