Not able to work on the WinForms Example

Having problems with building or using the CefGlue .NET/Mono binding? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: fddima

Not able to work on the WinForms Example

Postby amitbansal008 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:36 am

Hi,
I downloaded the Xillium.CefGlue project and the CEF3 binaries. I opened up the CefGlue project, set the CefGlue.Demo.Winforms as the start project and ran the code. After some issues (dlls not found) and commenting the version checking i was able to get the browser to show up. But it does not show the default google page. Infact nothig loads and it the browser is blank. Also, i am not able to click on any of the buttons (Home, back, etc). It throws a NullReferenceException with the _browser.CefBrowser being null in the WebNavigationBox.cs file.
I am fairly new to CEF so trying to figure out what exactly did i miss in the above steps to cause this error?
amitbansal008
Techie

Re: Not able to work on the WinForms Example

Postby fddima » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:57 am

Hi.
It means that renderer process did not started. So something wrong.
You must put all cef dlls in CefGlue.Demo.WinForms/bin/x86/[Debug|Release], and put locales folder from resources folder from cef binary distribution.
Also read created logs near exe.
fddima
Master

Postby amitbansal008 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:32 am

Hi fddima,

Thanks for replying.
I did change the Active Solutions Platform to x86 in the configuration manager. Some projects did not get changed automatically so i manually changed them to x86. I copied all the dlls and locale folder that i got when i downloaded "cef_binary_3.1547.1412_windows32_client" from the binary distribution. There was only a Release folder in the 7z zip and i put everything under it in the CefGlue.Demo.WinForms/bin/x86/Debug folder.
I don't see any exe file or any log file created when i run the project. Where is it supposed to be located?
amitbansal008
Techie

Postby fddima » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:40 am

amitbansal008 wrote:Hi fddima,

Thanks for replying.
I did change the Active Solutions Platform to x86 in the configuration manager. Some projects did not get changed automatically so i manually changed them to x86. I copied all the dlls and locale folder that i got when i downloaded "cef_binary_3.1547.1412_windows32_client" from the binary distribution. There was only a Release folder in the 7z zip and i put everything under it in the CefGlue.Demo.WinForms/bin/x86/Debug folder.
I don't see any exe file or any log file created when i run the project. Where is it supposed to be located?

You need use different CEF version, which matched to xilium.cefglue. Just for now it is 3.1453.1255 .
fddima
Master

Postby amitbansal008 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:36 am

Hi fddima,

I downloaded the 3.1453.1255 binaries and copied everything under the Debug and Resources folder in it to the CefGlue.Demo.WinForms/bin/x86/Debug folder. I ran the project and this time also the window was blank. Its not opeing up the goolge.com website inside the browser. I did not get and any errors while clicking on the buttons this time :). Also, got a cef log file and the main error in it shows "Event.Latency.Renderer.MouseMove has bad minimum: 0
[0919/160347:VERBOSE1:histogram.cc(224)] Histogram: Event.Latency.Renderer.MouseMove has bad minimum: 0
[0919/160347:VERBOSE1:histogram.cc(224)] Histogram: Event.Latency.Renderer.MouseLeave has bad minimum: 0"

Its a huge file so not pasting everything but this above error is there everywhere. Do i need to make any more setting changes? or is this error because of something else?
amitbansal008
Techie

Postby fddima » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:04 am

amitbansal008 wrote:I downloaded the 3.1453.1255 binaries and copied everything under the Debug and Resources folder in it to the CefGlue.Demo.WinForms/bin/x86/Debug folder. I ran the project and this time also the window was blank.

1. In bin/x86/debug folder you must got next files:
Code: Select all
locales   // under locales folder located locale pak files such as ru.pak
cef.pak
d3dcompiler_43.dll
d3dcompiler_46.dll
devtools_resources.pak
ffmpegsumo.dll
icudt.dll
libcef.dll
libcef.lib
libEGL.dll
libGLESv2.dll
Xilium.CefGlue.dll
Xilium.CefGlue.Demo.dll
Xilium.CefGlue.Demo.WinForms.exe
Xilium.CefGlue.Demo.WinForms.exe.config

2. If you run project via visual studio via debugging (F5) and VS hosting process enabled - then:
a. Disable VS hosting process in project settings.
b. Don't run with vs debugger - run it without debugging (CTRL+F5).
fddima
Master

Postby amitbansal008 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:51 am

Hi,

I tried doing this. I also took the binaries from Release folder put it in the CefGlue.Demo.WinForms/bin/x86/Release folder and ran the project without debugging or break points. I am now encountering a "User-defined breakpoint" error. Everytime i try to run the project either with the Debug binaries in debug mode or with Release binaries in release mode i am getting this error and the application crashes.
amitbansal008
Techie

Postby fddima » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:01 am

amitbansal008 wrote:Hi,

I tried doing this. I also took the binaries from Release folder put it in the CefGlue.Demo.WinForms/bin/x86/Release folder and ran the project without debugging or break points. I am now encountering a "User-defined breakpoint" error. Everytime i try to run the project either with the Debug binaries in debug mode or with Release binaries in release mode i am getting this error and the application crashes.

Did you have web proxy / or proxy auto configuratio script?
What in logs?
fddima
Master

Postby amitbansal008 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:14 am

Hi fddima,

I think the proxy settings could be a issue :). I set SingleProcess = true and now the application is not crashing with the "User-defined breakpoint" anymore. My website is not loading however. Error is
[0920/134721:ERROR:gpu_info_collector_win.cc(98)] Can't retrieve a valid WinSAT assessment.
[0920/134721:VERBOSE1:pref_proxy_config_tracker_impl.cc(145)] 072267E0: set chrome proxy config service to 07226240
[0920/134721:VERBOSE1:pref_proxy_config_tracker_impl.cc(235)] 072267E0: Done pushing proxy to UpdateProxyConfig
[0920/134721:ERROR:proxy_service_factory.cc(88)] Cannot use V8 Proxy resolver in single process mode.

Thanks for all the help till now.
amitbansal008
Techie

Postby amitbansal008 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:40 am

Hi fddima,

I was able to bring up my site now. There was some certificate error in the website because of which it was not rendering the site. Will start working on it now.

Thanks,
Amit
amitbansal008
Techie

Next

Return to CefGlue Forum