regarding spawning issue with my application

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

regarding spawning issue with my application

Postby giridharb54 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:25 am

Hi all,

I am using seperate executable for render process by using below code
Code: Select all
     int exit_code = CefExecuteProcess(main_args,NULL);
   if (exit_code >= 0) {
    // The sub-process terminated, exit now.
    return exit_code;
    }
    const char *path= "C:\\MangoFeatures_Win8\\Deployment\\ThirdParty\\Cef3\\SubProcApp\\SubProc\\Debug\\SubProc.exe";
    CefString(&appSettings.browser_subprocess_path).FromASCII(path);

Its spawns subproc.exe for render process.
However when i close the browser the subproc.exe doesnt get killed. How to kill subproc.exe ?? and how to run subproc.exe in background???
giridharb54
Expert

Re: regarding spawning issue with my application

Postby giridharb54 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:46 am

I am not using cefshutdown in my application. If I use cefshutdown my application crashes. But also by using cefshutdown it solves the problem of killing the subprocess. Please let me know how to solve this problem
giridharb54
Expert

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:16 am

You need to call CefShutdown. What is the call stack for the crash?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby giridharb54 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:16 pm

I am not able to get the call stack. the moment i call cefshutdown, the application hangs. I am using cefdomessageloopwork() in the message loop. Can i call cefshutdown() on WM_CLOSE ??? also the subproc .exe which is spawned opens as a command prompt. how to run it as a background process???
giridharb54
Expert

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:26 pm

You need to call CefShutdown after the application message loop has exited.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby giridharb54 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:28 am

Hi ,

I have an MDI application, so how to call cefshutdown ?? should i call it after WM_CLOSE?? Also my other question was how to run subproc.exe as a background process?? Currently it is launching a command prompt as subproc.exe
giridharb54
Expert

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:46 am

giridharb54 wrote:I have an MDI application, so how to call cefshutdown ?? should i call it after WM_CLOSE??

That depends on what framework you're using. You need to call CefShutdown after the framework's message loop has terminated. That won't be when you receive the WM_CLOSE message, since that message is delivered via the message loop.

giridharb54 wrote:Also my other question was how to run subproc.exe as a background process?? Currently it is launching a command prompt as subproc.exe

Is it launching a command prompt with the Release build executable? What compiler and Windows version are you using? Did you configure the subsystem to WINDOWS?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby giridharb54 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:38 am

Hi Magreenblat,

I have a MDI application and the framework is win32 api.After i close my embedded browser window , main application loop keeps running. So when to call cefshutdown??. Also suppose i have 10 embedded browser window is open in my application it will spawn 10 subproc.exe. One call to cefshutdown() will kill all the 10 subproc.exe(render process)??? so should i call cefshutdown() when application teminates ?? Is there a way to kill subproc.exe(render process) on close of corresponding browser window??. Regarding the command prompt opening for the render process is only seen in win 8 debug. Let us know how to solve this issue also.
giridharb54
Expert

Postby giridharb54 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi MagrrenBlat,

Can ypu please reply asap on the above post or question asked???
giridharb54
Expert

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:17 pm

Call CefShutdown at the end of your WinMain function. Subprocesses will be killed by Chromium shortly after the associated browser(s) are destroyed. The debug console is a known issue without resolution at this time.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Next

Return to CEF Discussion