regarding spawning issue with my application

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

Re: regarding spawning issue with my application

Postby giridharb54 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:36 am

Hi magreenblat,

I have a MDI application and the framework is win32 api.After i close my embedded browser window , main application loop keeps running. So when to call cefshutdown??.

If i call at the end of winmain , if i close the browser window also my subproc.exe keeps running.At the end of the winmain function Suppose I open 10 browser windows, then 10 subproc.exe will run. If i call at the end of winmain it will kill all the subproc.exe at one time?? . How to solve this issue??
giridharb54
Expert

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:05 am

giridharb54 wrote:Hi magreenblat,

I have a MDI application and the framework is win32 api.After i close my embedded browser window , main application loop keeps running. So when to call cefshutdown??.

If i call at the end of winmain , if i close the browser window also my subproc.exe keeps running.At the end of the winmain function Suppose I open 10 browser windows, then 10 subproc.exe will run. If i call at the end of winmain it will kill all the subproc.exe at one time?? . How to solve this issue??

Why would you do this? It makes no sense.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby giridharb54 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:39 pm

hi,

I have an MDI application and calling cefshutdown at the end of winmain() is confusing me here. The problem is when i close my browser window inside my application, application message loop keeps running ,so it basically means my subproc.exe is running after I close my browser window.Also I cannot call cefshutdown() inside the message loop rite??.So if I open another browser window which will spawn another subproc.exe in the background and if I close the second browser window, the subproc.exe of the second window is also running. When i call the cefshutdown at the end of winmain function it kills the 2 subproc.exe's in the background. What i am looking for is the moment we close the browser window, how to kill the corresponding subproc.exe?? .
giridharb54
Expert

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:52 pm

giridharb54 wrote:What i am looking for is the moment we close the browser window, how to kill the corresponding subproc.exe?? .

Chromium will take care of this once the sub-process is no longer needed. Some sub-processes are shared across multiple browsers.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Previous

Return to CEF Discussion