CEF Build Failure On ARM target

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss CEF here. Non-CEF related discussion goes in General Discussion!

CEF Build Failure On ARM target

Postby swathi » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:27 am

Hi all,

I am cross compiling the CEF for ARM target using Ubuntu 14.04 x64bit development machine.I followed the "https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/wiki/MasterBuildQuickStart.md#markdown-header-linux-setup"
In 7th step, I have created the update.sh file with below content.

#!/bin/bash
export CEF_USE_GN=1
python ../automate/automate-git.py --arm-build --download-dir=/home/swathijakkam32/code/chromium_git --depot-tools-dir=/home/swathijakkam32/code/depot_tools --no-distrib --no-build

this step was successful.

After that I created the "~/code/chromium_git/chromium/src/cef/create.sh" script with the following contents.

#!/bin/bash
export CEF_USE_GN=1
./cef_create_projects.sh

when I run the "create.sh" script I am getting the following error.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Generating CEF project files...
Creating /home/swathijakkam32/code/chromium_git/chromium/src/out/Release_GN_x86 directory.
________ running 'gn gen out/Release_GN_x86' in '/home/swathijakkam32/code/chromium_git/chromium/src'
ERROR Input to targets not generated by a dependency.
The file:
//out/Release_GN_x86/locales/en-US.pak
is listed as an input or source for the targets:
//chrome/installer/linux:stable_rpm
//chrome/installer/linux:beta_rpm
//chrome/installer/linux:unstable_rpm
//chrome/installer/linux:stable_deb
//chrome/installer/linux:beta_deb
//chrome/installer/linux:unstable_deb
but this file was not generated by any dependencies of the targets. The target
that generates the file is:
//cef:repack_locales_pack_en-US

If you have generated inputs, there needs to be a dependency path between the
two targets in addition to just listing the files. For indirect dependencies,
the intermediate ones must be public_deps. data_deps don't count since they're
only runtime dependencies. If you think a dependency chain exists, it might be
because the chain is private. Try "gn path" to analyze.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "tools/gclient_hook.py", line 133, in <module>
RunAction(src_dir, cmd)
File "/home/swathijakkam32/code/chromium_git/chromium/src/cef/tools/gclient_util.py", line 39, in RunAction
gclient_utils.CheckCallAndFilterAndHeader(command, cwd=dir, always=True)
File "/home/swathijakkam32/code/depot_tools/gclient_utils.py", line 314, in CheckCallAndFilterAndHeader
return CheckCallAndFilter(args, **kwargs)
File "/home/swathijakkam32/code/depot_tools/gclient_utils.py", line 560, in CheckCallAndFilter
rv, args, kwargs.get('cwd', None), None, None)
subprocess2.CalledProcessError: Command 'gn gen out/Release_GN_x86' returned non-zero exit status 1 in /home/swathijakkam32/code/chromium_git/chromium/src

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone help me how to solve the above error?

Regards,
Swathi.
swathi

Re: CEF Build Failure On ARM target

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:00 am

For ARM builds you should follow the cross-compilation instructions from https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... t-30495117
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby swathi » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:09 am

I followed same document for arm build.

My procedure is

Step 1: Download the 2840 source code from cef.

git clone https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... f2940bcd55

Step 2: I gave below export command in terminal.

export GYP_DEFINES=target_arch=arm
export GN_DEFINES="is_official_build=true use_sysroot=true use_allocator=none symbol_level=1 arm_float_abi=hard"

Step 3:

python /path/to/automate/automate-git.py --arm-build --download-dir=/path/to/download

After step 3 I am getting the following error.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creating /home/swathijakkam32/cef_arm_build/cef/build/chromium/src/out/Release_GN_x86 directory.
________ running 'gn gen out/Release_GN_x86' in '/home/swathijakkam32/cef_arm_build/cef/build/chromium/src'
ERROR Input to targets not generated by a dependency.
The file:
//out/Release_GN_x86/locales/en-US.pak
is listed as an input or source for the targets:
//chrome/installer/linux:unstable_deb
//chrome/installer/linux:beta_rpm
//chrome/installer/linux:unstable_rpm
//chrome/installer/linux:stable_deb
//chrome/installer/linux:stable_rpm
//chrome/installer/linux:beta_deb
but this file was not generated by any dependencies of the targets. The target
that generates the file is:
//cef:repack_locales_pack_en-US
If you have generated inputs, there needs to be a dependency path between the
two targets in addition to just listing the files. For indirect dependencies,
the intermediate ones must be public_deps. data_deps don't count since they're
only runtime dependencies. If you think a dependency chain exists, it might be
because the chain is private. Try "gn path" to analyze.
File "tools/gclient_hook.py", line 133, in <module>
RunAction(src_dir, cmd)
File "/home/swathijakkam32/cef_arm_build/cef/build/chromium/src/cef/tools/gclient_util.py", line 39, in RunAction
gclient_utils.CheckCallAndFilterAndHeader(command, cwd=dir, always=True)
File "/home/swathijakkam32/cef_arm_build/cef/build/depot_tools/gclient_utils.py", line 314, in CheckCallAndFilterAndHeader
return CheckCallAndFilter(args, **kwargs)
File "/home/swathijakkam32/cef_arm_build/cef/build/depot_tools/gclient_utils.py", line 560, in CheckCallAndFilter
rv, args, kwargs.get('cwd', None), None, None)
subprocess2.CalledProcessError: Command 'gn gen out/Release_GN_x86' returned non-zero exit status 1 in /home/swathijakkam32/cef_arm_build/cef/build/chromium/src
File "/home/swathijakkam32/cef_arm_build/cef/tools/automate/automate-git.py", line 1048, in <module>
run(path, cef_src_dir, depot_tools_dir)
File "/home/swathijakkam32/cef_arm_build/cef/tools/automate/automate-git.py", line 55, in run
args, cwd=working_dir, env=env, shell=(sys.platform == 'win32'))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 540, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['/home/swathijakkam32/cef_arm_build/cef/build/chromium/src/cef/cef_create_projects.sh']' returned non-zero exit status 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why in OUT folder the "Release_GN_x86" folder created?
Please help me to resolve the above error..

Regards,
Swathi.
swathi

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Looks like you're running into https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/issues/2301. Try adding `--branch=3202` to your automate-git.py command line to build the 3202 branch which does not have this error.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby swathi » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:00 am

Hi All,

I followed below procedure for arm build.

Step 1: Download the 3202 source code using below link.

git clone https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... 5cfdeba154

step 2:

export CEF_USE_GN=1
export GN_DEFINES="ffmpeg_branding=Chrome is_official_build=true proprietary_codecs=true symbol_level=1 use_allocator=none use_sysroot=true arm_float_abi=hard"
export GYP_DEFINES="buildtype=Official disable_nacl=1 use_allocator=none use_sysroot=true target_arch=arm"

step 3:

python /home/swathijakkam32/cef_arm_build/cef/tools/automate/automate-git.py --arm-build --download-dir=/home/swathijakkam32/cef_arm_build/cef/build_2 --branch=3202

when I gave Python command after 5 hours I am getting the following error.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

../../cef/tests/cefclient/browser/root_window_gtk.h:9:10: fatal error: 'gtk/gtk.h' file not found
#include <gtk/gtk.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
[46453/46863] CXX obj/cef/cefclient/browser_window_osr_gtk.o

../../third_party/llvm-build/Release+Asserts/bin/clang++ -MMD -MF obj/cef/cefclient/browser_window_osr_gtk.o.d -DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS -DDCHECK_ALWAYS_ON=1 -DUSE_UDEV -DUSE_AURA=1 -DUSE_PANGO=1 -DUSE_CAIRO=1 -DUSE_GLIB=1 -DUSE_NSS_CERTS=1 -DUSE_X11=1 -DNO_TCMALLOC -DDISABLE_NACL -DFULL_SAFE_BROWSING -DSAFE_BROWSING_CSD -DSAFE_BROWSING_DB_LOCAL -Dldtools/third_party/libc++/trunk/include -isystem../../buildtools/third_party/libc++abi/trunk/include -isystem../../buildtools/third_party/libunwind/trunk/include --sE64_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -D_LIBCPP_DISABLE_VISIBILITY_ANNOTATIONS -D_LIBCXXABI_DISABLE_VISIBILITY_ANNOTATIONS -DNDEBUG -DNVALGRIND -DDYNAMIC_ANNOTATIONS_ENABLED=0 -DGLIB_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED=GLIB_VERSION_2_32 -DGLIB_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=GLIB_VERSION_2_26 -DGL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES -DUSE_GLX -DUSE_EGL -DANGLE_ENABLE_RELEASE_ASSERTS -DTOOLKIT_VIEWS=1 -DEXPAT_RELATIVE_PATH -I../.. -Igen -I../../build/linux/debian_jessie_arm-sysroot/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I../../build/linux/debian_jessie_arm-sysroot/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/glib-2.0/include -I../../third_party/libwebp/src -I../../third_party/khronos -I../../gpu -I../../cef -Iincludes -fno-strict-aliasing --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -fPIC -pipe -pthread -fcolor-diagnostics --target=arm-linux-gnueabihf -march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=hard -mtune=generic-armv7-a -mfpu=neon -mthumb -Wall -Werror -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-c++11-narrowing -Wno-covered-switch-default -Wno-unneeded-internal-declaration -Wno-inconsistent-missing-override -Wno-undefined-var-template -Wno-nonportable-include-path -Wno-address-of-packed-member -Wno-unused-lambda-capture -Wno-user-defined-warnings -Wno-enum-compare-switch -O2 -fno-ident -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -fomit-frame-pointer -gdwarf-3 -g1 -fvisibility=hidden -Wheader-hygiene -Wstring-conversion -Wtautological-overlap-compare -std=gnu++14 -fno-rtti -nostdinc++ -isystem../../buildtools/third_party/libc++/trunk/include -isystem../../buildtools/third_party/libc++abi/trunk/include -isystem../../buildtools/third_party/libunwind/trunk/include --sysroot=../../build/linux/debian_jessie_arm-sysroot -fno-exceptions -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -c ../../cef/tests/cefclient/browser/browser_window_osr_gtk.cc -o obj/cef/cefclient/browser_window_osr_gtk.o
In file included from ../../cef/tests/cefclient/browser/browser_window_osr_gtk.cc:5:
In file included from ../../cef/tests/cefclient/browser/browser_window_osr_gtk.h:9:
In file included from ../../cef/tests/cefclient/browser/browser_window.h:11:
In file included from ../../cef/tests/cefclient/browser/client_handler.h:16:
../../cef/tests/cefclient/browser/client_types.h:12:10: fatal error: 'gtk/gtk.h' file not found
#include <gtk/gtk.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
[46455/46863] CXX obj/cef/libcef_static/url_request_interceptor.o
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
File "/home/swathijakkam32/cef_arm_build/cef/tools/automate/automate-git.py", line 1085, in <module>
if options.buildlogfile else None)
File "/home/swathijakkam32/cef_arm_build/cef/tools/automate/automate-git.py", line 55, in run
args, cwd=working_dir, env=env, shell=(sys.platform == 'win32'))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 540, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ninja', '-C', 'out/Debug_GN_arm', 'cefclient', 'chrome_sandbox']' returned non-zero exit status 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone help me how to solve the above error?
Could you please provide the detail steps for arm build.

Regards,
Swathi.
swathi

Return to CEF Discussion